The Electronic Discovery Reference Model
Launched in May 2005, the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) was designed to address the lack of standards and guidelines in the electronic discovery market – a problem indentified in the 2003 and 2004 Socha-Gelbmann Electronic Discovery surveys.
As corporations continue to face the challenge of Big Data management with greater demands and inquiries on electronically stored information for litigation, regulatory compliance, or corporate investigations, following this simple EDRM eases the complexities involved in this process. Therefore, whether you are in-house counsel, corporate IT, a vendor or a law firm, the EDRM allows for everyone to understand and follow best practices to manage their eDiscovery from the initial management of electronically stored information to the discovery, productions and presentations.
Information Management & Identification
- Establish a plan to manage electronically stored information (ESI) from creation through the final stage of disposition
- Identify and locate potential sources of ESI and determine the scope
- Establish a plan to preserve potentially large sets of information with defensibility, consistency, proper documentation, and diligence
- Identify how to efficiently preserve in a possibility of multiple global locations, platforms and formats
- Prevent the risks of spoliation and sanctions related to destruction and transfer of evidence without interrupting business processes
- Collect & Analysis Data
- Data Recovery/Extraction
- Hard Drive Imaging & Analysis
- Extensive file analysis of data stores (de-duplication, metadata extraction)
- Strict and defensible Chain of Custody for all data
Sfile Partners leverage the Sfile HPC Engines to process all sizes of data from 1GB to "Big Data" to rapidly gain insight using our analytic tools and reports.
Processing, Review, Analysis, and Production
Using one of Sfile’s greatest and unique advantages, the processing of ESI at an average rate of over 165 GB/hr in a single batch, partners leverage Sfile to quickly establish the scope of relevant data. ESI Processing includes:
- Extraction of PST files
- ESI analysis
With integrated Enterprise Content Management and Document Review Tools, Sfile is an ideal cloud based hosted platform to perform early case assessment and legal review jobs of all sizes from gigabytes to multiple terabytes for one to thousands of users. Our most raved about features include:
- Easy to uses and intuitive online experience
- Integrated native document viewer with no imaging conversion required
- Advanced search and filter options
- Sharing and collaboration features
With the ability to perform analysis of all types including metadata, keyword, dates, and a number of email and file filters, coupled with Sfile's unprecedented processing speeds, stake holders are able to get greater matter insight with faster data analytics.
Sfile's integrated production tools and services offer multiple forms of document production capabilities including native file, TIFF and PDF formats. Additionally, our professional services team stands ready to handle even the most complex request with the most flexible and customizable features such as:
- Produced images can be endorsed with bates numbering and other branding text
- Redacted sections of documents are removed from the extracted text within load files
- Export to load file formats such as Concordance and Summation or a number of other eDiscovery systems
Sfile's partner network of Certified Computer Examiners (CCE) often serve as expert witnesses and offer defensibly sound best practices to assure the confidence required to meet any challenge. Sfile's network of CCE partners stand ready to deliver professional services to deliver:
- Exhibit preparation, including handling and testing of different kinds of exhibition file formats
- Case Management solution to support key litigation functions such as service of pleadings, court orders and discovery productions
- Evidence archiving and hosting with ability to configure system for global data treatment
Offering a full end-to-end eDiscovery solution to control costs, reduce risk and provide a wide variety of flexible technology solutions, Sfile and its partner network provide a proactive and complete approach for managing all stages of the eDiscovery process.