May 28, 2011
A new feature has been recently rolled out that allows users to view a list of duplicate documents while looking at the first unique item. Reviewers can now review a single document and then make the decision to apply the determination to all duplicates or to just that singular instance.
- The duplicate items are indicated by a [+] in the preview window that is visible when duplicates of the current item being previewed are present.
- If the review determinations window is open, a message appears at the top of the window indicating the count of duplicate items present in the duplicate items window.
- When in edit mode of the review determinations window, a new checkbox is presented to allow the user to Update selected duplicate items in the duplicate items window. From here, if the user selects this option, the selected items in the duplicate items window will be updated to the determinations made in the window. Those items not selected will not be updated. This allows for a very granular application of determinations to duplicate items.
- Of note, when moving from one item to another and the “update selected items” is checked, if any duplicates exist in the duplicate items window, these duplicate items will automatically inherit the selection to speed up the determination process for the reviewer.
- This feature also shows duplicate files that have been culled out, but still brought into the system by showing a gray inactive folder.